In this Section
The following costs are ineligible for LEADER funding;
- Existing core staff costs
- General running and overhead costs of an organisation which are not directly related to the project
- Activities which are statutory obligations of regional corporate bodies (SEPA, SNH etc)
- Prize money
- Bank charges on accounts
- Financial charges; Fines, financial penalties and expenses of litigation, bad debts, costs involved in winding up a company
- Service charges – arising on leases and hire purchase arrangements
- Legal fees for advice, notary fees and the costs of technical or financial expertise
- Recoverable VAT
- Play parks and sports facilities – unless a clear economic/training benefit can be demonstrated
Funding for certain costs are limited, i.e. amounts above those limits are inelligible for LEADER funding, for example;
- Acquisition of a site or building - usually limited to 10% of the total LEADER eligible project costs.
- Professional fees - usually limited to 12.5% of the total LEADER eligible project costs.